Wednesday, October 10, 2007

10/5 -- I am DETERMINED!!

I wanted to title this blog "I am OBSESSED", but I think a better word is DETERMINED. I'm DETERMINED to get this nursery finished!!! I feel like I've been working on it forever. Although, it's only been a few weeks off and on, I guess just because I've had the whole thing in my head since July and how many times I've drawn it all out on my graph paper, it feels like it's been forever.

I can say that I think I know more about the Dallas Cowboys than I ever thought I would. I know their colors, what the field looks like, I even know a few players and their numbers. I only have one wall left in the nursery to finish and it's the football field. So, I've been checking out the Dallas Cowboys website and looking at the new stadium through the hole in the roof down onto the field. All the while, learning about the tradition of the open roof and the Dallas Cowboys. I've been trying to match the font of the field. I can't find the right stencils, but last night I realized that I have my scrapbooking die-cut machine (my Cricut (pronounced Cricket)) that can cut letters out and I can make the stencils. . . I just don't have the right cartridge.

Right at this point, Aaron would think that I'm nuts. He thinks I'm getting too detailed on this room. I just keep telling him that it will be AWESOME when it's finished. I already have a few kindergarten boys that are wanting to move in there!!

I did find a lady online who has done the whole football field thing on the wall. She did her son's room in the University of Alabama. Her wall looks AMAZING!! I just hope this wall looks half as good as hers when I'm finished!!

BUT, the reason that I'm able to focus so much on this room is because I'm learning to delegate. I am so thankful for that!! By delegating things out, I'm able to focus on the nursery. I'm able to focus on my house. I'm able to not be all stressed out about how many things I have to get done in a day or this week. And, in learning how to delegate, I am so thankful that I get to go to children's church on Sunday morning and I don't have to do a single thing -- just be there.

My goal for today is to:
* Finish taping off the yard lines in Jaxon's room and get them painted
* Get Payton & Evan's room picked up and organized again (aka throw a bunch of stuff away)
* Get my laundry all done

Then, maybe tonight I'll head to the scrapbook store for a little R & R and use her Cricut and the cartridge there.

Gosh! Maybe I should have delegated someone to finish Jaxon's room!! No, I'm too much of a control freak for that! ;)

P.S. Here's something neat that happened to Aaron last night. Ever since we got married, Aaron has wanted to go to the OU vs UT football game (aka The Red River Shootout). But, tickets have been expensive and hard to get. About a week ago, Aaron's cousin called and said he MIGHT have Aaron a ticket, but he had to make sure it wasn't taken already. Aaron got excited, but that started to fade after days of not hearing from Ryan. But, last night at 10:30 pm, Aaron's phone rang. His cousin has him a ticket on the 50 yard line on the first row on OU's side!! Aaron is so pumped!! He kept telling me it was an answer to prayer. I just laughed. He thinks I'm not excited about him going, but I really am. Yes, I have to take my kids to 3 birthday parties on Saturday -- two of which are at the same time, different places -- but I'm really excited for him. And, I'm excited that at least the boys and I have something to do on Saturday!! So, if you watch the game, rejoice with Aaron that he's there!!!

EDITED TO ADD: Aaron had a blast at the OU game!! His ears were still ringing on Sunday, but he loved it!!!

No comments: