Wednesday, March 5, 2008

We're IN!

Today's meeting with the school went WONDERFUL!!! I was glad that I had Joel there to break the ice a little bit for me. The principal there is great!! She reminds me of someone that I know, but I haven't figured out who yet.

Joel explained what we wanted to do and I was able to give them a little more information. I explained that they didn't have to do anything -- just identify the kids who need it and we'll do the rest. It was wonderful!!!

At the end, the principal said she thought it was something they should do as long as everyone agreed and of course, nobody disagreed! I met with the school counselor and we are going to work together on this project.

A pastor's wife, who is a teacher at the school, caught me afterwards and told me she was going to talk to her husband and she was confident that her church would help us. I explained that we needed to get a few more things ironed out on our end and the plan was to go to each church and let them know what we needed. She thought it was a great idea.

I'm so excited that I just can't hide it. I had to go to the church and let everyone know. I felt like I wanted to shout it from the highest point in Clyde that God is so good!! Let me tell you two things I've learned in the last few weeks:

1. Money is not really an issue.
2. When God has a plan, he just needs a person to carry it out. He likes to move at HIS pace, not always ours.

(Now picture me doing a funny dance!)

1 comment:

Cherryberry said...

Oh, Rachael...
this is wonderful news. I know it will help so many in the area that are in need. Just let us know what you need and Mason will be ovejoyed to help in anyway he can. Mike and I will too, of course.
I am so excited.