Monday, March 16, 2009

Bangkok, Thailand

Greetings!!
I survived the longest plane rides EVER and I'm sitting in a hotel in Bangkok! How weird is that? I just had a great breakfast and we're about to head to the Cambodia border. From there, I'll only have internet at the safe haven, but I wanted to let everyone know that we made it and this is just amazing. I've mostly seen everything in the dark, but this morning just looking around, it's very interesting.

Right beside our table at breakfast, there was a Buddist shrine that a man was "fixing up" this morning. When people walk by it, they bow to it. You can smell the insence burning. It's interesting.

Everything on the plane was smooth and we had tremendous favor going through customs in Bangkok. When we got to Bangkok, some of our luggage wasn't there -- mine, Trish's, and one of Joel's. They told us that our luggage was on the way to Phenom Phen, which we are NOT going to! But, they were able to pull our luggage off of the plane and bring it to us. That was interesting!!

Then, going through customs, they didn't want to let us bring our medicine in. But, after Wayne & Dr. J finished, they let us go with our medicine.

So, our driver just got here and we're about to head to Cambodia. I'll e-mail when I can!!!

No comments: