Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Heading Home . . .

Another airplane ride . . . fun, fun, fun! At least this one is only about an hour and a half. We're flying out of Cambodia and we're heading back to Bangkok. Then, tomorrow morning at 5:45 am (5:45 pm Texas time) here, we'll fly out to Tokyo. . . then, on to Detroit. . . then on to Dallas!! We land in Dallas at 9:45 pm on Wednesday.

Today we went out to a floating village. . . just plain craziness. People living on boats/houses out in the middle of the lake. They had kids, there were stores, they had tv in some. . . it's will just blow your mind. Not to mention another sun burn . . . not bad, though.Here's something else cool that happened.Trish & I went and got our toenails done and she got her fingernails done . . . all for $7!!! Complete with flowers and bows!! They are beautiful! Yes, $7 USD!! Anyway, our tuk-tuk driver took us to this place and we walked in and let the girls get started. One of the other "girls"started talking and it was no girl. . . it was a "lady boy"shop!! We laughed hysterically once we figured that out!!! But, the girls that did our hands & feet were not. It was a pretty funny moment.

While we got out of the tuk-tuk, I had my money in my pocket, but when I went to pay for my nails, it was gone. It wasn't in any of my pockets. I checked two or three times and it wasn't there. I was freaking out because I thought one of these girls had pick-pocketed me or that I dropped it getting out of the tuk-tuk. So, Trish covered me and we went to get in the tuk-tuk again (I like that word! ;) )

Anyway, my money was in a different pocket!! And not in one that I would have put it in and I checked it at least 2 times sitting in that chair!! What in the world? I'm just believing that God gave my money back to me.Then, we headed back to the market to pick up a few more gifts before heading home. That was fun!! I love the market!!

I've had a blast, but I'm ready to be back home. Well, internet time is about up. Got to run!!P.S. By the way, I've taken 495 pictures!!! Some are just of life kind of things . . . toilets, showers, bathing pots, etc. But, lots of awesome pictures!! Wishing I had my computer so I can edit them on the way home.

No comments: